Sunday 26 November 2017

Jesus speaks - A shelter from the rain, 26 Sept 2017



Something pretty epic happened today:
So I decided to cycle to ECP to do some QT, since it was recess week. Was anticipating the nice sea breeze BUT it rained. ðŸ˜‘ like POURED. Went into the nearest shelter I could find but the rain got heavier and the winds got stronger, so much so that I still got drenched and the pages of my bible were wet too. Felt frustrated and asked God why did he not hold the rain for me, I ran into the nearby toilet because i was freezing and it seemed like better shelter. Tried to look on the bright side and told myself that I might see a rainbow after the rain HAHA LOL.
THEN. I met this couple at the toilet who works for a glamping company. They said they saw me stranded and offered to open up a tent for me to rest in. They not only sheltered me all the way to the tent, but even helped to bring my bike over to another tent so it wouldn't be wet!
Spent the time of solitude in a tent all to myself, they even asked me to use the bed to rest hahaha as I opened my bible, I read a verse that someone prayed over me before going to Timor last year:
“There will be a booth for shade by day from the heat, and for a refuge and a shelter from the storm and rain.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭ESV‬‬
As I did QT with the sound of the rain beating against the tent, I felt so underserving of this kindness extended to me by strangers. Really a reminder of God's steadfast love and protection. There was no rainbow after, but God decided to speak to me in a way I didn't expect Him to. And though it was cold, my heart felt so warm and full. It's been a while since something like this happened. Thank you Jesus.
Big thanks to the couple from glamping society too, really so selfless and kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment