Sunday 10 September 2017

Obedience / Courage

Taking a break from this research paper that I can't seem to get despite spending the whole afternoon on it. Sigh numbers.............. But yes gonna try to do a post every week, though workload is picking up and school has been really tiring last week, but I'll try!

This week feels like God has transacted a lot with me. Started to intentionally carve out time to hear from Him, especially since I'm on my insta fast heh. Went for Huifang's momentum orientation yesterday and yaaa the burden for them is still there la. The commitment sounds damn intense and not sure how the weekly travels to WDL is going to pen out again. On top of that, been feeling abit scared that I won't be adequate enough or that I might disappoint the kids. YES super lame and irrelevant worries because that's the whole point of serving also - being weak but God enabled.

Leong reminded me that last night too, so I'm gonna put down some of the verses that I've got the past week about taking courage and being obedient.

We are nothing without God's equipping

"But who am I and what is my people that we should be able thus to offer willingly? For all things come from you and of your own have we given you." 1 Chronicles 29:14

The Lord calling Gideon --> Weak made strong in Christ

"Go with the strength you have and rscue Israel from the Midianites, I am sending you! Behold, my clan is the weakest in Mansseh and I am the least in my Father's house. And the Lord said to him, "But I will be with you and you shall strike the Midianites as one man."
Judges 6:14-15

Having courage because Jesus goes ahead before me and with me

"I took courage, for the hand of the Lord my God was on me, and I gathered leading men from Israel to go up with me."
Ezra 7:28

Obedience

"Go and he goes, and to another, come and he comes, and to my servant, do this, and he does it."
Luke 7:8

The laborers are few - go where He calls

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "whom shall i send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here I am! Send me!"
Isaiah 6:8

^ LOL at the exclamation marks haha what a reminder that it is a joy to serve and to be enthusiastic about it.

For some reason, sermon in the east always hits me so hard. I'm either crying during sermon or left feeling super impacted. Lin thinks it's cos of my calling there, but then again I don't know. But anyway today's sermon was on spiritual blindness and to see as God sees. We need to have the courage to act because we know God's hand. God is a covenantal God and He will be with us through whatever journey we are on. He is faithful and he empowers us. Ps Barney also talked about driving when it was all foggy - which is like my life now HAHAH (when school ends and december hits me nooooo)

But really, there's nothing I could have accomplished with my own strength. Nothing at all. Huifang gave us till Dec to be attached to momentum CGs to decide if we really want to serve here. Dec is also where Sunbeam ends, and I'll be full fledged in the east. Felt like God gave me an extra 4 months to sort out my direction, especially with regards to the east CG, ministry and all. Of which I am thankful, though some days the uncertainty does make me feel uneasy; but I need to learn to not let emotions drown out who God truly is and His perfect plan for my life. On a side note, got reconnected with a secondary school mate in church today who is looking for a cg to settle in! Invited her to my wdl cg but then again, it might probably be better if we could both go to the east cg, then maybe I won't be alone in this. yay.

Excited to see how God unfolds His plan, just need some perseverance and patience when the wait get tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment